- Appropriate equipment to brew the best and most consistent beer possible (for me at home).
- Keep upgrade costs to an absolute minimum.
- Maintenance and cleaning easy and hassle free.
- Able to brew double batches if required.
- Minimise or eliminate the need to manually lift hot wort/water.
- 3-vessel system (more components but easier to design, build, clean and maintain).
- All stainless construction: built from 2nd-hand 50L beer kegs.
- Silicon hose and stainless cam-lock connections.
- Pump for liquid transfer.
- DIY for most everything possible.
- Careful consideration of each component, source and cost - involving much shopping-around.
JD's brewery from HomeBrew Digest forums.
Cortez's Brew Stand from the AHB forums.
Jeff McClain's Mossy Cup Brewing:
No doubt things will change and evolve as the brewery is built, but hopefully all the time, consideration and planning will start to pay off sooner than later - and I'll be able to get back to brewing before the kegs run dry - since I've sold the old system to help pay for the new one!